Search This Blog

Sunday 7 April 2013

Cherished Memories Card Box


Last night I played with some beautiful paper from the Love Letters (Recollections signature - from Michaels) paper pack. I created a beautiful card box that I now need to fill with cards. I purchased the original pattern for the box from Silhouette's online store, but I found the box size awkward. Titled "String tie bracket flap belly band box", it was created by Lori Whitlock as a single file to be cut from one sheet of paper. I found this size too small to do anything with, so I edited the design and came up with a pattern of my own that will easily fit 4.25" x 5.5" cards and envelopes.

Pattern for Card Box (fits 4.25" x 5.5" cards)

When cut to the specifications indicated on the diagram, this box will perfectly fit a set of 12 cards and envelopes. I used patterned paper to create this box, but I had to be careful of paper placement so that I did not wind up with an upside-down image on the front bracketed flap. Next time  I think I will add digital images to this file to create my own print and cut file.

The small rectangle to the right is a separate cutting file for the box front. It is exactly the same size as the box back, and enables you to have better control over the pattern direction.

Careful placement of patterned paper to avoid upside-down images

I applied circular Velcro closure stickers to the inside flap of the bracket and front of the box. In order to easily line up your placement, stick Velcro circles to each other before applying the sticker to your box. Place on desired area inside flap of box, then simply close the flap to stick the other Velcro sticker to the box. Viola! Perfect placement.


Cherished Memories Card Set Gift Box





2 comments: