Search This Blog

Saturday 6 April 2013

Glitter, Grunge & So Much More

Rosette pattern from Silhouette online store

Confession... I spent the better part of today designing one card. In the end it turned out beautifully! I am loving all the glimmery mists and distress stains I have.

I began by carefully choosing several different digital images and combining them to form a collage. I printed and cut the tags on brown cardstock via the print-and-cut function on Silhouette's Studio software. After the images were cut, I sprayed the cardstock with a gold-toned fine mist (Perfect Pearls - don't know the name of the colour; it came in a two-pack from Michaels). When dry, I applied a reinforcer and darkened the edges of the tag.


Notice the discreet glimmer - beautiful!
After I embossed the dark teal paper with my Cuttlebug, I sprayed the tag with a silvery mist (my other Perfect Pearls - again, I cannot find the colour on the bottle). When the tag was dry I applied a reinforcer and dirtied the edges and raised surfaces.

The paper for the two patterned tags came from a K&Company paper pack from Michaels. I simply cut both tags (using my Cameo), applied reinforcers, and dirtied the edges. Blackened look throughout card comes from Color Box's charcoal fluid chalk inkpad.

After embossing my card front, I  carefully placed all items on card surface (music note design also comes from the Silhouette online store).

Here is the fruit of my labour.






No comments:

Post a Comment